Tuesday 13 November 2012

Witches House to Wendy House


Following our Halloween Party we were left with a Witches House taking up a large part of our living room, and not wanting to put that work to waste, or disappoint the girls by taking it away, we decided to keep it (for now at least)

As lovely as it was, it was going to need a bit of a makeover. I didn't want to terrify all of our visitors.

I started off by painting the entire thing white so that we wouldn't have the worry of the black, orange and purple showing through.


I bravely let H choose the colours that we would paint it, thankfully she picked wisely.

We bought some small tester pots and mixed these with some of the white we already had until we agreed that the colours were perfect.

We set about painting. H helped. To my complete horror F smeared paint on the carpet, but in the end we had this and it was all worth it.





I finished it off by making tile shapes with my finger in the wet paint on the roof, and by adding a butterfly that we bought in Homebase at the weekend from their new Christmas Decoration range.



The pink glow in the dark rug still matches in perfectly and the girls adore it. It is currently being used as a vets to house numerous sick animals. Next week I plan to make some curtains for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment